Hello Folks! In this week’s #blabwithsandy, I have actress Musskan Sethi with me. After dabbling in modeling and being a face of many super hit music videos, Musskan debuted in Tollywood with Puri Jagannadh and Nandamuri Balakrishna’s Paisa Vasool. Her music video ‘Nai Jaana’ in 2019 gave her immense fame and there has been no looking back for her. Let’s wait no further and dive into the blab I had with Musskan:
Sandy: Hey Musskan! Hope you are doing great!
Musskan: I am doing well! Thank you, Sandy.
Sandy: Could you elaborate about your early background?
Musskan: I was born in Delhi and completed my education from Delhi itself. I come from a Punjabi household, wherein my Mom is a lawyer and politician while my dad is an industrialist and is into Pharma and petrochemical segment.
Sandy: How did films and modeling interest you?
Musskan: Well, I had always been inclined towards this field. I was good at dramatics and I learnt Bharatnatyam, Jazz and Contemporary style of dancing. I also was into doing Vlogs way before everyone else started.
I completed my Diploma in Interior Design from the US, after which I came back to India to check out my flair for acting. I joined the School of Broadcasting and Communications in Andheri. Simultaneously, I had joined theatre workshops and used to give auditions. I was part of Neeraj Kabi’s acting workshop as well as Barry John and Kishore Namit Kapoor’s. I am a trained dancer, actress, and a martial arts artist.
Sandy: That’s interesting! How did you get your first break?
Musskan: After a year into learning and trials, I got picked for an advertisement which further led to me being part of independent music videos. I went to Thailand for the shoot and I was happy that the song was based on me. I kept getting multiple offers and I also did a few short films.
Sandy: Your major break was with Puri Jagannadh’s Paisa Vasool opposite Nandamuri Balakrishna. How was the feeling of working with such big names down South for your debut flick?
Musskan: I went to the office of Puri Connects and later on, I received a call from them for the role in Paisa Vasool. It was an absolute joy to get that news and I was elated. That’s how I entered Tollywood industry. The film had big names in it and what better start can a debut actress ask for?
Sandy: How was it working with director Puri Jagannadh and actor Nandamuri Balakrishna?
Musskan: They are a great combo to work with! Charmee was extremely helpful too as she helped me manage my time, get my dance and acting schedules in place and I had a great bonding with her. Debuting under Puri Sir’s direction was indeed a blessing. It was a great opportunity to work with him.
I was pretty nervous when I first met Bala sir (Balakrishna) but he calmed me down. He is a very sweet and grounded person. People do talk about his anger but I must say, he is a good person. He is very hard working and systematic. He used to wake up at 4 in the morning and get on with his exercise. He made me feel at home while on the sets and taught me Telugu too!
Sandy: Your film ‘Raagalla 24 Ghantallo’ with Satyadev and Esha Rebba gave you a different platform to perform. Can you share a few anecdotes on that film?
Musskan: I had a key character to play in the film. It was a thrilling experience as I got to play an aspiring model and I could relate myself to it easily. It was a nice role which gave me more confidence to play challenging roles in the future.
Quick Shot Round:
- Love: When u place others interests before yours
- Tollywood: It’s full of energy
- Favorite place in hyd: Charminar and the Golf course
- If not an actress, you would have been: Good at influencing people and become a successful influencer
- Actors you’d like to work with: Salman Khan, Farhan Akhtar, Aditya Roy Kapur
- Your biggest regret: I am not a person who regrets anything as I believe, life is there to make mistakes
- Your worst habit: Sometimes, I am not good with food control. I am a foodie!
- A movie that you watched and wished you were a part of it: So many! I am a big fan of Kareena Kapoor and I love her role of Geet in Jab We Met. Alia Bhatt’s characters in Raazi, Highway, and Udta Punjab
- What does Musskan do when she is Idle? I have so much to do always! I keep myself busy. I listen to music, go on long walks, and be in my own zone. I love travelling, shopping, and eating out
- You are superstitious about: I am not but sometimes life does make you believe in things
Interview by Sandy (Sandeep Rao)
Follow Sandy @blabwithsandy
Follow Musskan @musskansethi9