Hi Folks! Hope you all are staying home and being safe! In this week’s #BlabwithSandy, I have the multi-talented Lizaa Malik with me. She is an actress, host, influencer, singer, and many things more. Let’s dive into the Blab I had with Lizaa:
Sandy: Hey Lizaa! Hope all is good at your end.
Lizaa: Hi buddy. Yes, all good, thank you!
Sandy: Let us know a little bit about your background.
Lizaa: I was born in a multi-lingual family. I was born in Kolkata and did my schooling from the same city. Shifted to Delhi and completed my graduation in Psychology. I was always into theatre and did a lot of plays.
My first TV show was when I was in my 8th standard which was aired on Doordarshan. I started doing print Ads like Dettol, Dabur Chyawanprash, etc.
Sandy: Interesting! You are also a dancer. When did this streak come out in you?
Lizaa: I won the Boogie Woogie contest while in my 9th. Acting, dancing, and music was seriously more than a hobby. I chose to get more into studies as I belonged to an orthodox family, but I continued my passion. I had to start working at an early age due to family issues.
Sandy: Prior to moving full time into the movie business, what were you up to?
Lizaa: I worked part-time with ICICI Bank. I was the youngest tele caller out there Sandy. I used to work for the mortgage of premium segment cards. Meanwhile, I was active in the political and theatre segment in college.
I became Miss Delhi too, which I never thought in my wildest dreams. That’s when I started taking my hobby seriously. My first song ‘Chic is on Fire’ released in 2006.
I also moved to Dubai for a year and a half and hosted radio shows, was with Geo TV, and sold credit cards for ABN Amro Bank too! After which, stage shows, music videos, and film offers followed!
Sandy: You are a singer, host, actor, dancer, and many things more. How do you rate yourself on these segments?
Lizaa: I would say 9/10 as a dancer 8/10 as an actor, and 5.5./10 as singer. I practice acting and dialogue delivery a lot, and I truly believe that practice makes a person perfect. I am stronger as an actor/dancer than a singer.
Sandy: Your single ‘Love Don’t Cost a Thing’ is my favourite. What’s your favourite song from your list?
Lizaa: I agree ‘Love Don’t Cost a Thing’ is a peppy number. But Sandy, pehla baby hamesha pyaara hota hai na? My first song Chic is on Fire’ is my favourite while Baby Tera Fraud Romance tops the list too!
Sandy: Talking about your films, what’s happening on that front? You are even part of Sanjay Dutt’s Torbaaz.
Lizaa: Yes! Awaiting the release of Torbaaz which has Sanjay Dutt in the lead. ALT Balaji’s Who’s Your Daddy? With Rahul Dev is an exciting project. I have a few web series lined up for ZEE5 Original’s. I also have two of my songs that are ready and up for release.
Quick Shot Round:
- Love: Faith
- Biggest regret: Losing out on few opportunities
- Acting or Singing: Acting
- The most used App on your phone: Instagram
- What do you do when Idle? Listen to old songs
- If you were to go on a road trip with two people, who would those be? It would be Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn, and would go to an isolated island, ha-ha-ha
- Good and bad about our industry: A lot many people dream about movies and come from different sectors. If they have talent and craft, dreams will be achieved sooner or later. Bad is that people do go through depression sometimes when no opportunities come their way
- A habit that you aren’t happy about: I talk a lot Sandy. I can’t keep my secrets
- Favourite actors: Ajay Devgn, Akshay Kumar, Rajkumar Rao, Vicky Kaushal. In the girls, its Kangana Ranaut, Alia Bhatt – she is a star also and a performer also, Taapsee, etc.
- Your dream role: Would love to do a role which has comedy touch to it. Like Sridevi in Chandni and Mr.India, Kangana Ranaut in Queen
Sandy: Any words for the newcomers entering the industry?
Lizaa: Do not be overconfident. If you want to get into the industry, you need to be well versed with your craft. Make your act strong and if you have the talent, no one can stop you. Your body and your face may help you sustain only for some time, but if you are well prepared with your craft, you will sustain for a longer time. Be humble as that’s the key to success.
Sandy: A few words about Hyderabad Local.
Lizaa: Thanks for having me on your show Sandy. You are talented. Wishing the best to you. Meet you soon at Hyderabad.
Interview by Sandeep Rao
Special Thanks: Shimmer Entertainment (Namita, Simran)
Follow Lizaa Malik @lizaa_malik
Follow Sandy @blabwithsandy