Hey Folks! Look who joins me in this week’s #BlabWithSandy. It’s the singing sensation Akasa Singh. Fresh from the success of her track ‘Aithey Aa’, Akasa’s latest track Maaserati has hit the top number in the music charts. Let’s wait no further and dive into the blab I had with her:
Sandy: Hello Akasa. What’s uppppppp?
Akasa: Hey Sandy! All good, you tell me. 🙂
Sandy: Everything seems good this side too, thanks! So, could you tell us something about your background?
Akasa: I belong to a musical family. My dad is a singer and is into Punjabi songs. Mom was as an artist too. I grew up on music at home.
Sandy: When and How did your music career begin?
Akasa: I was part of Mika Singh’s band for four years. I travelled to many places and used to wait to perform with zeal.
I was part of several reality shows. During one of my shows, Himesh Reshammiya liked my voice and offered me the song “Kheench Meri Photo” from Sanam Teri Kasam.
Bollywood welcomed me with both hands. Sony Music got me my recognition and started representing me. This is how my singing career took off, and I feel amazing!
Sandy: Your tracks Thug Ranja, Feel the Vibe, and even Shape of You official mashup have done wonders at the music charts.
Akasa: Yes Sandy! The journey has been great, and I have been part of some good music. I think this is just the beginning. There’s lots more to do and achieve. I am going slow and steady. 🙂
Sandy: Coming to this exciting thing – your collaboration with Ricky Martin for Vente Pa’ Ca. Not everyone gets to achieve this, and you did it. A few anecdotes on it.
Akasa: It is a sudden thing which happened. It’s a surprise to me as well, ha-ha-ha! After I signed up with Sony, we got to know that Ricky Martin was looking out for Worldwide collaborations. He liked my vocals and felt it to be pretty cool, and that’s how I got into his project.
Quick Shot Round:
- One Good thing and One Bad Thing about the music industry: Good is the versatility of music that is present nowadays. The range is endless. The bad thing is that there are not many female-centric songs
- Favorite musicians: All of them! I tried thinking to come up with one name but, the list goes on. AR Rahman, Amit Trivedi, etc.
- If you’d to barter your voice with male singer, with whom would it be? Arijit Singh
- If you were to be stuck in a lift with two other industry folks, who would those two be? Diljit Dosanjh and Ranveer Singh
- Your favorite singer(s): So many of them as there is so much of talent. But, to name a few, it would be Jonita Gandhi and Abhay Jodhpurkar
- Love: It’s Everything
- Most used app on your phone: Instagram
- If your voice is gone for a day, how would you spend your time: Ha-ha! Interesting. I would be thankful, happy and frustrated, all at once. Lol! I would say, I wouldn’t be talking the whole day and rest
- If you’d to spend all your money on a concert, whose would it be? Beyonce
Sandy: What’s next in the pipeline for Akasa?
Akasa: I have a single coming up next month. And, there is another surprise collaboration in store which I never dreamt about!
Sandy: Any piece of advice that you would like to give to the upcoming singers?
Akasa: I think being authentic is very important. Be real and do real, and that will get you what you want and where you want to be! Do all the hard work without expecting results. Hustle and things shall work out for you.
Sandy: A few words about Hyderabad Local.
Akasa: Thanks for featuring me on your chat show Sandy! It was lovely, all the best for all that you want to do! 🙂
Editor’s note: Apart from having a beautiful voice, Akasa does feature herself as a beautiful person inside out! It was so fun blabbing with Akasa Singh. Wishing her many more years of chart buster songs and music.
Interview by Sandeep Rao (Sandy)
Follow Akasa: @akasasing
Follow Sandy: @blabwithsandy