Viiking Media and Entertainment’s Amavas has received good response for its song and trailer. Amavas stars Sachiin Joshi and Nargis Fakhri in the lead roles while Mona Singh, Vivan Bhatena, Ali Asgar and Navneet Kaur Dhillon play vital roles.
The film is directed by Bhushan Patel, who is known for providing hit horror films 1920: Evil Returns, Ragini MMS 2 and Alone while it is produced by Raina Sachiin Joshi. There are a few interesting aspects to this movie:
- Sachiin Joshi’s films have always consisted super hit songs and Amavas is no exception. The first song released by the makers: Jab Se Mera Dil sung by Armaan Malik is already topping the music charts. By the way, how come all his films garner kick-ass music? Like Howwwwwwww?
- Bhushan Patel’s work in the horror genre needs no introduction but what needs a mention is that his films (1920: Evil Returns, Ragini MMS 2 and Alone) released at regular intervals (2012, 2014 and 2015) while Amavas, his latest work is coming after a gap of three years. This makes it all the more exciting, doesn’t it? 🙂
- Nargis Fakhri has been in the business since few years but most of her characters have been fun! With this film, she gets to enact a role which she hasn’t tried ever before, thus making it a plus point for her, for the film and ofcourse, for the audience to watch!
- Mona Singh is back! This statement itself is enough. Having been a known name on the small screen and getting a wonderful name for herself with 3 Idiots, Mona Singh hasn’t been a regular visitor in films but Amavas gets her to visit it with aplomb!
- Ali Asgar was and is primarily known to do comedy and to star in comedy films. How come he lands himself in a horror film? 🙂 Man! Let’s go and watch him throng a different avatar!
- Vivan Bhatena is ‘a part’ of Amavas and he surely seems to have played a role which is ‘apart’ from the usual! What happens when a Mr. India climbs up the ladder in films and churns his way out? He tends to grow as an actor and we shall witness the same with Vivan in Amavas
- Navneet Kaur Dhillon 🙂 She is a ‘Miss India World’ and with Amavas, this ‘miss’ is all set to zoom past from ‘India’ to other parts of the ‘World’ once the film releases world over!
- Raina Sachiin Joshi bankrolls this film along with Simply West Productions and Weeping Grave Production. You all know her as Urvashi Sharma right? Ah, now your mind rings a bell haan! 🙂 Its always a pleasure to see a producer challenging himself/herself to create different genre each time he/she makes a film and we can see that aspect in Raina Sachiin Joshi. She has been paving her way in production with films even down South. Kudos!
- Armaan Malik has become a person with a Midas touch off-late. His singing uplifts the songs, the songs uplift the movies, and the movies turn out to be hits at the ticket windows. So, do we know the result of Amavas now? 🙂
Let’s wait for 11 January 2019 to witness some chills and thrills at the cinemas with Amavas.
Editor’s note: Wishing the team of Amavas a bright night and day at the Box Office! 🙂